Friday, April 24, 2015

a hotel stay that changes your home…

What happens when you go to a hotel for 4 days because your kitchen is having its mold removed ?  You fall in love with the floor tiles and wall tiles in the hotel room bath….

We were not planning on changing the tiles around the tub… just the vanity and the floor, ok a new counter top with a cool sink and faucet…  but nothing else for now … ya sure !

Then we stayed at the Fairmount Palliser Hotel

DSCN1611

this is our favourite hotel in Calgary …

DSCN1619 

this is the nicest (old CP hotel) hotel ever…

DSCN1574DSCN1576DSCN1580

so this is the floor tile…24” x 24” … amazing, right?

DSCN1596

this is the wall tile… makes my heart skip a beat…

DSCN1595

large 23” wide x 12” high tiles, just amazing !

DSCN1639

Loving this tap configuration, still looking for this ! if anyone has seen this anywhere please let me know…x

 

DSCN1629

nice sink, we have picked this sink and tap for our vanity top….

DSCN1552

we are both in love with this sink…. our counter top will be a formica  180 fx a copy of calacatta marble same as the kitchen…

 

Well when you fall in love with a tile from a hotel what do you do?  you Google tiles, hotel design and after a few hours you find a new company in your town, a nice website so you click on their Facebook page and scowl down… and guess what you find ? you find pictures of the tiles used and bathroom pictures of the Palliser Hotel, my heart stopped, I could not believe my luck ! I found my tiles !!!

 click here : Porcelanosa

pallister bathrooms from facebook

we ordered the tiles a few days ago, they will be in Calgary in a few days…

The other tiles I am still looking for are copies of the back splash tiles in the Starbucks attached to the hotel basement… I will find them ! I now I will…

DSCN1614

totally love these tiles for our Kitchen backsplash, its only time until I find them too !

DSCN1581

Want to see what your living room looks like when it’s full of Kraftmaid kitchen boxes?  well it looks like this …

DSCN1646DSCN1647DSCN1648DSCN1649

Fun, living in this for 2 weeks while we fixed mold and had the floor tiles removed…

I will keep you in the loop with pictures of the install… soon !

2 comments:

  1. Inspiration can be found everywhere, can't it? I really like those tiles, too. So sorry about your mold situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi Kristie, just noticed your comment, yes it can... wow feels like a life time since we did our condo, I guess its time to post after pictures, lol

      Delete